Lifetime membership setup

Hi,

I’m currently running s2member pro on a website and using shortcodes for each membership level registration.

I have 3 different subscription based packages but want to add a lifetime (non-expiring) membership for $300.

How can I modify the shortcode to allow a lifetime membership that isn’t subscription based? I’m currently using the code below but can’t find anywhere that explains the attributes. I believe that the attribute rr=“BN” is one change that was supposed to be made but again, don’t understand how to setup the shortcode based on the S2membership attributes.

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“4” ccaps="" desc="$300 CAD + tax" cc=“CAD” custom=“www.happen.ca” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“300” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“BN” coupon="" accept_coupons=“1” default_country_code=“CA” captcha=“0” /]

Hi Daniel.

Change the rt attribute to L for lifetime: rt=“L”. WP Admin > s2Member > Stripe Pro-Forms > Shortcode Attributes > rt

:slight_smile:

Wow! That was a super fast response! THANK YOU!

Do I need to create a new membership level in s2member to associate the shortcode with or are those changes enough? Do I need to update the level (level=“4” ) >

I’ve updated the shortcode as follows:

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“4” ccaps="" desc="$300 CAD + tax" cc=“CAD” custom=“www.happen.ca” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“300” rp=“1” rt=“L” rr=“BN” coupon="" accept_coupons=“1” default_country_code=“CA” captcha=“0” /]

Page that links to this membership is here:

https://www.happen.ca/sign-up-lifetime-membership/

1 Like

That change is enough. The level controls the access, and that doesn’t change. You’re only using a different price/plan.

Test it signup up from outside your admin account. You can use an incognito/private window to have a different session without logging out and in of your admin each time.

Glad I could help! :slight_smile:

I made a purchase in incognito mode with a new separate email account.

Does this output look right? So no recurring, lifetime membership?

It seems okay. I see the L term. Recurring says 0. You did use BN in the shortcode, right? Looks good.

Does it cause a subscription profile in your payment gateway? It shouldn’t with BN. Did the user get an EOT time in his profile? He shouldn’t with L. BN L is one payment “buy-now” (i.e. not subscription) for lifetime access.

:slight_smile:

Seems okay as no subscriptions showed up on the Stripe gateway.

Here is the latest shortcode I used:

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“5” ccaps="" desc="$.50 CAD + tax (lifetime membership)" cc=“CAD” custom=“www.happen.ca” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“Y” ra=".50" rp=“1” rt=“L” rr=“BN” coupon="" accept_coupons=“1” default_country_code=“CA” captcha=“0” /]

EOT isn’t set according if you’re talking about the variable below:

ha_s2member_auto_eot_time - has no value.

Great :slight_smile:

EOT isn’t set according if you’re talking about the variable below:

I meant in that test user’s profile.