Latest Forced update

Hello Support,

The latest forced update which disabled the plugin until a login and update was performed just FUCKED UP my website and I’m not happy about it.

By disabling the plugin my home page and a few other pages (not all) had a distorted display. Please do not do it again!!!

Is it possible to keep the plugin running and prompt the update.

Hi Brian.

The s2Member Pro update will never happen automatically. And I don’t know if you have something on your installation that would update the s2Member Framework automatically. This is not something s2Member forces or has a way to do even. These updates are normally started by the administrator.

From what you’re saying, it sounds like some automated task on your site updated the s2Member Framework, but that didn’t update the Pro add-on because it’s an add-on not a plugin, and so the Pro features got disabled because Framework and Pro versions need to match for Pro to be active.

Maybe you activated automatic plugin updates, or perhaps your webhost did. I don’t know, but this is something particular to your site. It’s not something s2Member can prevent if you have it setup like that. You’d need to adjust the configuration to skip s2Member from the automated updates.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Cristián,

Thanks for getting back to me, I will look into this and let you know.

1 Like