Is there a way to show a default 200 words on restricted pages?

Some paywalls allow a reader to see the first paragraph or so of all content.

I know this is possible with the short-tag markup, but that is a real PITA… and if for some reason I want to change 685 articles to parse differently, there might be a suicide. I would like avoid that if at all possible.

Can I set a rule so that the first 200 words (or similar) are visible on all restricted pages?

Thanks!

oh… and a default div with a signup message and a link to the signup page…

Also… if there are programmers here that can make this happen, I am willing to pay. pm me

You are using the wrong membership plugin for this sort of behavior. Take a look at WP Members instead.

Ah, yes. I never saw this extension. I looked a so many. Hope it works.

unfortunately it works like crap with divi…

It’s not an extension. It’s a completely different plugin. You need to turn off s2Member to use it.

Yeah… plugin, not extension… I did indeed turn off s2 and and turn on WP-Member… the resulting truncated page (200 words) completely stripped the Divi formatting, links, everything and ran it all into a string of characters that sucked.

I don’t have time to make it work with Divi properly. I am trying Member Press now… I’ll see what happens. Elegant Themes recommends Member Press, so I assume it works well with Divi’s pretentious handling of WP internals.

–aside–
Not that I dislike Divi, in fact its the only way I can even really stand WP. Its just that any extension plugin you use that touches the loop has to work with Divi.
–/aside–

Well, here’s a bump in order to say that:

1. MemberPress is not much better than wp-member in displaying the preview.
  2. To be honest, a bit of SQL power editing and the [s2] tags did some amazing things. Hope your sql chops are up to the task, because, ■■■■!

There can be an automated way to do this, but needs custom code… Call me if you want a developer.

Yeah, I am interested.

pm me your Skype or hangouts address. Also, my preferred way to pay is crypto… thanks!