Integration with WP Mobile Pack 2.2.4

Hi all,

First time here, i’m using the Comet Cache plugin, and for us is outstanding, we will purchase the PRO version next month, we already making the changes for the PRO version of the plugin, BUT we have a small problem, we are using WP Mobile Pack 2.2.4 (also we will go PRO next month) and for now Comet Cache is breaking the mobile plugin somehow, it cache’s it, and when you go to our URL the desktop version becomes MOBILE.

Do we have any option in free and mainly PRO edition where we can make something like “don’t cache” certain plugins of our choosing ? Can we somehow block the caching for specific plugins already installed in our WP core ?

Best Regards,
John

Hi Johnny,

The reason you’re having trouble with WP Mobile Pack + Comet Cache is that WP Mobile Pack does not have integration with Comet Cache. What needs to happen is a separate version of the cache needs to be generated (i.e., a cache for mobile pages). Comet Cache provides other plugin developers with an Advanced Cache Plugin system which can be used in conjunction with Dynamic Version Salts to create separate versions of the cache, however, that would be up to the WP Mobile Pack plugin developers themselves.

We do have a feature request open to specifically add support for popular mobile theme plugins, including WP Mobile Pack. I suggest leaving a comment on that GitHub issue to show your vote for this feature. :slightly_smiling:

Regarding excluding certain plugins from the cache: That’s not possible because Comet Cache caches WordPress Posts/Pages, not plugins. However, you can use URI Exclusion Patterns to exclude specific pages from being cached, however that doesn’t sound like it will help you.

I suggest keeping an eye on the feature request linked above. We’ll be working to add full mobile support within the next month or two. :slight_smile:

Hi raamdev,

I really appreciate the work you guys do, from my understanding it will be @ August a plugin update wich will support mobile plugins ? If that’s the case we can wait 1,2 month but not longer, because we must be online till September this year :slightly_smiling:

We will buy the PRO version of comet cache and WP Mobile pack till then, will this action affect the update of the plugins in any way ?

Best Regards.
John

Hi John,

It won’t affect the update of the plugins in any way. And yes, the next release is scheduled for the beginning of August.

Comet Cache v161221 has been released and the Pro version includes a new Mobile Mode. See the v161221 announcement for further details.

Hello,

How do i update to last version ?
The plugin will notify me ?

Yes, the plugin will notify you if you’ve enabled that setting in Comet Cache Pro → Plugin Options → Update Credentials.

Otherwise, you can download the latest version from your account at CometCache.com and follow the manual upgrade instructions.

I have another problem now, i left a ticket on the site, did you guys get
it ?
The today update messed the plugin :frowning:

We released a follow-up maintenance release (Comet Cache Pro v161227); have you tried updating to that?