Integrating sign up

I have a fairly simple problem. I have created a purchase page and an upsell page and I have been using the sand box to get them going as I want. I am fine with all this. My problem is that when people purchase, then need to add their details, first last name, email, and username then go to billing method (I am using stripe) They add their card detail and finish the process. They then remain on this page and need to press submit. When they do they flick to the upsell page.
The problem is for those who haven’t joined the site. If they haven’t logged in, they are told to ‘You must login to update your billing plan.’
This takes them away from the upsell page.
So my difficulty is working out how to integrate logging in and registering a password, before they purchased in the first instance. All the options here look clunky. What is the best way of dealing with this?

If a non-members are logged automatically just after they pay, will they (as already logged in members) go to your upsell page?

N they lose the upsell page. That’s the issue i guess. I have sorted this
I think by making a membership sign up before people stat any purchasing
process I think. It would be more elegant to do it in one action.

John

Try using a custom “thank you” page as your upsell page: https://s2member.com/kb-article/configuring-custom-return-urls-thank-you-pages-upon-success/.

Ok I will give it a try and thanks