Integrating Epoch and single download sales

Hi all.

So i’ve set up a website using the Avada theme + S2member pro and i’m trying to work out if what I need to do is even possible.

The website will be offering free memberships, with a selection of downloadable products on offer for individual purchase. The payment processor we’re using is Epoch. We plan on using the ability in the script to sell access to individual downloads or pages to do this.

Is this even possible? I understand that it’s possible to use 3rd party payment processors but I’ve got no idea how to make that work with the sell access to a single post function. Literally any help or just a prod in the right direction documentation wise would be amazing

I’d never heard of Epoch before. Whoa! Impressive in its breadth of service, but at a price: 13-15% processing fees!!

Is there a particular reason you want to use Epoch? Stripe (or Authorize.net or PayPal) would be so much less expensive and would require no custom coding, which Epoch undoubtedly will require.

Adult content, paypal, stripe etc don’t allow it unfortunately. The alternative is CCbill, who charge just as much with terrible customer service.

I suspected that was it.

I have an alternative suggestion that you might consider. If you take a look here, you will see all the payment processors that currently work via Zapier. Does any of them work with adult content?

The reason I ask is that not only will you almost certainly need to hire a developer to get s2Member to work with Epoch now, you will need to do this fairly often in the future as Epoch’s API changes and things need to be updated.

If, on the other hand, you can go through Zapier, their API is unlikely to change much, because that would defeat the whole purpose of Zapier’s business model. I am also fairly sure that, once a reliable integration with s2Member were established, it would be keenly maintained (whether by the s2Member devs or others) because it would be so useful to so many other s2Member users.

I wasn’t aware such a thing existed, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I’m going to look into it but only if I can get it working with epoch. People buying adult content are understandably cautious about their card details and it can hurt sales to go with an unknown payment processor.