Installation of S2Member Pro v230504

The S2Member readme.txt filed on my website indicates I have v230504 installed.

Questions inline below with the change log text.

== Changelog ==

= v230504 =

• (Pro) Fix: Stripe subscriptions weren’t using customer cards updated with the Billing Update pro-form. The subscription saved the first card, instead of defaulting to the card in the customer’s profile. This release fixes that. The card is not added to a new subscription anymore, only to the customer’s profile, and updating his profile’s card with the Billing Update pro-form, will also update the subscription so it uses it. Thanks to Jim Antonucci for his help with this.

Previously I had made a temporary change to stripe-utilities.inc.php to correct this issue. I expected my change to be overwritten when I installed v230504. The stripe-utilities.inc.php file has not changed. It still includes my temporary fix and comments. Should this file have been overwritten when v230504 was installed. What file includes this fix in v230504?

• (Pro) Enhancement: The Stripe Billing Update pro-form now includes a field for the cardholder’s name (i.e. Name On Card). Adding the name to the card will improve successful subscription charges. Thanks to Andy Johnsen for the idea.

Is this referring to the form that provides a user the ability to change their credit card information for future subscription renewals? If so, I do not see this change after installing v230504. There is no field for the cardholder’s name on the Stripe Billing Update form.

Although the readme.txt file indicates v230504 is installed, possibly the update didn’t take?

Thanks for help with this.

Apparently, I don’t know how to upgrade S2Member.

s2Member Framework version is v230504 and is activated.

S2Member Pro version is 220421 and is not activated.

I could use some help with basic S2Member plugin update instructions.

Thanks.

My apologies for this post. I had not correctly completed the upgrade to S2Member Pro v230504. I have since successfully completed the upgrade to S2Member Pro v230504. I can already confirm that the field for cardholder’s name appears on the Stripe Billing Update pro-form. I will continue testing that Stripe subscriptions use the new billing method after the Stripe Billing Update pro-form is submitted.

1 Like

Good. Glad you sorted that out.

Yeah, the changes would be overwritten, but it’d be similar to the edit you had already made.

:slight_smile:

BTW, my testing has confirmed that, after I properly installed v230504, the following v230504 fix and enhancement are working as intended.

• (Pro) Fix : Stripe subscriptions weren’t using customer cards updated with the Billing Update pro-form. The subscription saved the first card, instead of defaulting to the card in the customer’s profile. This release fixes that. The card is not added to a new subscription anymore, only to the customer’s profile, and updating his profile’s card with the Billing Update pro-form, will also update the subscription so it uses it. Thanks to Jim Antonucci for his help with this.

• (Pro) Enhancement : The Stripe Billing Update pro-form now includes a field for the cardholder’s name (i.e. Name On Card). Adding the name to the card will improve successful subscription charges. Thanks to Andy Johnsen for the idea.

1 Like