I'm guessing no register/ login URL's cache by default?

Hey guys!

I’ve had a number of users sign up for 2 accounts on my site in very quick succession - as in they sign up, then instantly sign up again.

I thought it was user-error, but now it’s happened twice in 24 hours, I’m wondering if it’s a registration or caching issue?

CometCache won’t cache any registration or login pages will it?

Do I have to add these to URI restrictions?

Any ideas on what could be causing this would be great!

Ross :slight_smile:

Also could server caching (varnish) cause this?

Hey @rossagrant,

Comet Cache won’t cache registration or login pages and it explicitly does not cache any POST requests (or GET requests, unless you enable that feature in Comet Cache → Plugin Options → GET Requests).

So, I highly doubt that Comet Cache is causing the issue that you’re describing. It’s more likely that Varnish or some other server-side caching software is causing the problem.

If you have Varnish running on your site, there’s no doubt that it will cause problems. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen those problems manifest like this – normally, it leads to everyone being locked out – but it will cause problems.

If you are currently running Varnish, I’d certainly ask your host to switch it off.

Is it a case of turning varnish off completely? Or can you just exclude WP-admin and WP-login.php URLS?

What about Opcache?

I’m pretty sure my server is running that too.

It’s dedicated though, so I can alter any settings at all.

Would love some pointers! Thanks!

OpCache is fine, but Varnish must be off completely.

Cool - I’ve looked into this, and we don’t run Varnish - I’ve bow turned Opcache off too - just incase.

Are there any massive benefits of Opcache?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Supposedly, but I’m no expert on that. I just know that I run it on all my sites without any problems at all.

Cool - I’ve turned off OpCache to test if this issue recurrs - hopefully not - but will report back to let you know if it had any affect.