I have multiple issues with the plugin including Email and setting up PayPal

I have multiple issues with the plugin including Email and setting up PayPal.

1st

In 2017 (as I believe) PayPal is providing only two account types. 1 Standard 2 Business. I have tried to Enabled DPRP for accepting credit card with recurring payment but unable to find the option. Your documentation is not up to date and doesn’t reflect accurate information with the latest PayPal business account setup.

2nd

s2memeber is not sending any email receipt to the subscriber after checkout with PayPal. They are receiving only Login/Password Link nothing more.

I am using WP Mail SMTP plugin to use SMTP mail server instead of PHP Mail.

3rd

I am using Eleganttheme’s DIVI theme, and its components required PHP 7.0.1 >, and so my WordPress is set on PHP 7.1

My website is running with SSL / HTTPS

When I run s2-server-scanner.php file, it is giving below errors/warnings

Warning: file_get_contents(http://mydomain.com): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable in /home/<user>/public_html/s2-server-scanner.php on line 979

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/jatinsoni/public_html/s2-server-scanner.php:979) in /home/<user>/public_html/s2-server-scanner.php on line 2362

Error[ERROR] MySQL Database Extension
Missing MySQL extension. s2Member needs the MySQL extension for PHP. This will add MySQL support to your installation of PHP, allowing MySQL database communication. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message.

I am at the final stage of launching my website and stuck with these last moment issues. I would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks
Jatin Soni

Well, I’d start with the problem at the end of the Server Scanner errors. Are you using a database other than MySQL for WordPress? Both of the other error messages also indicate some type of issue with your hosting configuration.

1st Issue. As to the documentation being out-of-date for PayPal, you are correct. PayPal changes their account offerings and their interface quite often. In fact, the account offerings and interface vary by location. What is happening when you attempt to test a recurring subscription form (or button) with your PayPal setup? Are you receiving any error messages or are any being recorded in the log?

2nd Issue. Do you have logging enabled (via a third-party plugin - I use Postman SMTP but there are other email logging plugins) for SMTP? Does the email log show that email receipts are not being sent after a successful PayPal transaction?

Hello,
Thanks for the response.

I’m not using any mail logging plugin. However, I’m using s2member logging. If you require, I can install Postman (as you suggested). But the bottom line is that the system is not sending signup/subscription recipt email and it is very important before I open it to public.

I’m using MySQL for WordPress and HostGator is the host provider.

My PayPal country is India. I’m tired finding correct document for DPRP on PayPal as well as on your website. I purchased s2member Pro so I can accept credit cards via PayPal but now I’m stuck.

Please help me to solve these issues. I’m on deadline.

Thanks
Jatin Soni

No, that is not the bottom line. If you have not looked at an email log that said the emails were not sent, you do not know that s2Member is not sending emails. You know that emails are not being received. Please see: https://s2member.com/kb-article/troubleshooting-email-delivery-problems/.

According to the server-scanner errors you showed, there are required PHP extensions missing from your server configuration. Quite frankly, if HostGator is the host provider I wish you luck getting those errors resolved.

This is a community forum. While the developers at WebSharks/WP Sharks sometimes post here, most of the help is provided by people like me - volunteers. While your frustration might be warranted, taking it out on those trying to help you isn’t going to help anyone.

Bottom line: according to the server-scanner errors you have some issues with your website configuration. I’d take care of those first. Then if your issues still continue, I’d suggest you provide detailed information about what steps you’ve taken, what your s2Member configuration looks like, and what exactly is happening (error messages, etc…) regarding each of your other issues. Frankly, I’d also suggest you approach asking for assistance with less entitlement and a little more courtesy.

1 Like

Let me install Postman and see what happens.

Frankly, I’d also suggest you approach asking for assistance with less entitlement and a little more courtesy.

Well, I’m sorry if you find my way of writing unfair. This wasn’t intentionally but just because English is not my first language.