HUGE BUG - Stripe Invoice voided - user wrongly active - happens on extension and new payments!

Invoice was voided because the subscription attempt expiredSince the first payment for this subscription wasn’t completed before , the subscription expired. )Apr 1, 2023, 5:55 AM

Payment failedMar 31, 2023, 6:55 AM

€18.00 payment was initiated which requires an additional user actionMar 31, 2023, 6:54 AM

Had this several times by now - user account will be active forever if this happens.

Also shown as:
Attempted to subscribe to s2_plan_9ac50aec174728b8e875c3f2c693565d, but the subscription expiredSince the first payment for this subscription wasn’t completed before , the subscription expired.
Learn more
Mar 23, 2023, 6:13 AM

Subscribed to s2_plan_9ac50aec174728b8e875c3f2c693565dMar 22, 2023, 7:16 AM

S2member sends out the payment notification mail on the 22.03 in the above case. At the latest on the 23.03 - so 24 hours later access should have been revoked but was not revokd.

1 Like

Actually for new signups this could be improved as well - they get created and then revoked a couple of minutes later. If the user then pays again first of all he will only pay extension price - second he could have had access for up to 24 hours for free - super inconvenient for one time payment items/downloads.

1 Like

Going further back even some users were created and not deactivated - even though first payment failed.
This is a huge problem! @christrianlavaque

In all those cases stripe had not yet sent the email about the payment - so s2member is reacting to a payment intent instead of reacting to the actual payment!!!

you can find these payments by filtering in Stripe for canceled payments.

(sorry for shouting).

There must be a bug related to failed payments on an ongoing subscription. For them they also show up in cancelld - and I can see that s2mmber correctly cancels them. This is when the voiding happens on a new extension or a new signup.

This bug happens since about October last year - Stripe must have changed something!

1 Like

So others finally finding out about it too, but yeah s2 seems dead

Huh? Are you here talking to yourself? :slight_smile:

Simarchitect just liked those posts and as the bug is still very present I thought it makes sense to push it up again.

1 Like

Oh sorry. I thought maybe you posted your comment in the wrong thread. My bad.

1 Like

This is surely a very important bug.

I will first try to work a knowledge database and a place for us to communicate at s2Member.co

Afterwards, I will need time to learn PHP, sorry.

I can’t promise anything but this is what I want to do.