How to Implement a New Gateway?

How tough is it to create a plugin for a new gateway?

I’d like to use CoinPayments because they have low fees and offer lots of crypto options. They have an API and plugins for other services already, but nothing for memberships.

Is it a difficult/expensive endeavor? Is this something that could be accomplished through Upwork?

TIA

Hi Joe.

Others have done it, themselves or hiring a freelancer. It is possible, but the complexity depends.

For a simple integration, the current s2 Notifications and Remote Operations APIs may be enough.

For a more complete integration, you’d look for all the files of one of the current payment gateways in s2member Pro and emulate how those were done, adjusting for the one you want.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, Cristián.
How is the integration usually developed? Is it an independent plugin, developed by the gateway developer, an s2Member integration or??? It’d be nice to see it as an Other Payment Gateways option, if possible.
I’d like to figure out how to draft a request and what angle I’d approach with a developer.

Usually it’s a site owner that gets it developed, or some 3rd party that develops an add-on. We haven’t added new official gateway integrations in many years.

I plan to change that in the near future, but can’t give a time. For now I’d recommend what I said earlier: copy how another gateway was implemented already.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes