How to change where a Stripe receipt is sent

Currently, the email field on the Stripe Pro Forms checkout form is input disabled. When users checkout using Stripe Pro Forms, they need to change the email address where the receipt should be sent.
They use their own credit card but need the receipt to go to their supervisor so they can be reimbursed. too often, by the time they get reimbursed they no longer have the email receipt.

Hi Raymond.

the email field on the Stripe Pro Forms checkout form is input disabled

What do you mean? That field would not be disabled by s2Member, it’s required to register the wordpress account.

About what email address to use, they can use the business address, or they can get the invoice in whatever address they use and then forward it to the business.

:slight_smile:

@clavaque - I think what @rayorr is looking for is actually not possible. It is not a deficiency in S2Member…@rayorr appears to want Stripe to send the post-payment email to someone other that the credit-card owner. Correct me if I am wrong but that is not a feature that Stripe supports via the SDK is it?

Christian,

Thank you for your reply. Here is a bit more detail that might help understand the system:
I am using s2Member with WP Courseware. Users create an account and login with the s2Member Stripe Pro Free Registration form. When they buy a course subscription a Stripe Pro Form Modify is used to upgrade their account to level 1 and submit the CC payment.

That checkout form has a user profile section that is pre-populated with First and Last name, email, and username. The email field is input disabled (html shows disabled=“disabled”). The two name fields are editable and can be changed. (Username of course cannot be changed and is disabled). I can’t find where this field is being disabled - I assumed it was s2Member since is it a s2Member form.

I assume the profile fields are used to send data to Stripe for processing. That being the case, Stripe does not validate that the email actually belongs to anyone. So, I would suspect the SDK simply passes it through to Stripe. And, that field is not being processed by WP to change the user email (is it?). It appears to be used to communicate between Stripe and the buyer.

If the email field were input enabled what other problems would this present? It solves one issue, but what else would it mess up?

Thanks for your efforts!

Ray Orr

Tim,

Please see my reply to Christian for more info.

If changing the email on the checkout form is technically possible, what operational issues would it present if Stripe were communicating with the student’s supervisor and not the student? Our students are new hires who are in training for their license to then work for their employer as a licensed technician. Several months of one-on-one training with their supervisor also happens before the student qualifies for the licensing test. Hence, there is a tight bond between the two during the time when the CC settlement is happening.

Thanks for your input.

Ray Orr

The user email field is the field the user registers with WordPress. There is only one email address per account. So the registered user who pays with their credit card gets an email to tell them the payment has succeeded using the email address in their profile. WordPress does not know about the user / supervisor relationship.

Your description is somewhat confusing. Is the student paying or the supervisor paying? If the student is paying why would the receipt go to the supervisor?

I haven’t heard an S2Member problem here…just a solution designer who wants others to help him design his solution!

Go back to WP Courseware and decide how you want to run this. If the supervisor pays then charge the supervisor to sign up. The supervisor can be assigned the Teacher role in WP Courseware which gives them visibility of the student’s progress.

I’ll leave this to @clavaque to decide if he wants to help further but I’m out. There is no S2Member problem here.

Good luck with your service.

I am not suspecting an s2member problem. I was only wanting to know how I can enable input for the email field that is automatically populated in the Stripe Pro Form and if any other problems would arise by doing this.

The student pays and then gets reimbursed by the company. Unfortunately, time passes before the reimbursement and receipts sometimes get lost. Most users simply forward the receipt if they get it, but some never seem to get the email.

I was trying to avoid users having to request a copy of the receipt by sending it to the person who needs it. Simply trying to provide a better customer experience for those that need more hand-holding.

If this forum is only for suspected problems then I apologize for posting this modification request in the wrong place.

Thanks

Hey @rayorr apologies if my comment came across the wrong way. Please keep asking for assistance in this forum. You can ask anything you want. I just meant I was not going to be of further assistance because I just help other members with what look like bugs. I only give quick advice on design issues. If people start to go down the design rabbit-hole I stop so I can give attention to others that have bugs.

My last suggestion: If the stripe account used is owned by the client / supervisor then he / she has a record of all the transactions made and can sort out who has / hasn’t been reimbursed. All the receipt info is still there in Stripe. No solution change required. Just an idea :slight_smile: