How is it possible to send gift certificate to other user?

Hi,

We have monthly recurring membership functionality. I would like to have functionality like one friend can purchase one month subscription for his friend and then his friend has to pay himself to continue his membership.

So, whether user is logged in or not. User A can go to purchase Gift page where he has to fill other User B data like name and email and then need to do payment for one month.

On successful payment, User B will get registered and user B will get access to site for 30 days, after 30 days, User B has to pay himself to continue membership.

How can I do this?

Set up the sale of gift/redemtpion codes as shown in the video linked to in this KBA: https://s2member.com/kb-article/can-i-sell-gift-certificates/. I’d make the gift code for a non-recurring (“buy now”) membership with a CCAP to show it is a gift purchase.

Then to offer the gifted member a chance to purchase his own membership, I’d use Simple Conditionals on the Login Welcome Page to offer members with the gift CCAP a chance to upgrade to a recurring membership.

1 Like

This looks good.

Few queries, if you can help me to solve this.

As you said, I will write [s2Member-Gift-Codes discount=“100%” quantity=“1” /] in gift page and user will get access to this page after purchasing from “buy now form” and he can send shown gift code to whomever he wants to send.

Now, how will same user purchase gift code 2nd time for other user? He has already got access to page which shows already used gift code.

There’s no reason the same user cannot make multiple purchases. You can also allow purchases of multiple codes at the same time.

I want to allow user to purchase only one code at at time and now if user has already purchased once and he get one code now If user purchase 2nd time and again he gets same page access which he had already had access on 1st purchase and that page will still show only one code, no?

[s2Member-Gift-Codes discount=“100%” quantity=“1” /]

I don’t think he gets the same code if he purchases again. I’m pretty sure they are randomly generated at the time of purchase. Have you tried it?

Hi JediShark,

I have retested this. After purchasing 2nd time from same form, it doesn’t regenerate coupon code. Page still shows same code.

Is the redemption page cached? If so, try excluding it from the cache and see if you get the same results. If so, I’d suggest opening an issue on GitHub as this does not sound like it should be the intended behavior.

What I feel what current setup is correct one but they should have option to refresh gift coupon if user has purchased from page which gives Custom capability to that gift coupon page.

Well, whether you feel the current behavior is correct or that they should add an option, the correct place for feature requests is GitHub as this is a Community Forum and there is no guarantee that the developers will read this thread. They will read a GitHub issue.

Don’t get your hopes up! (below from s2member at GitHub)

@Lifeischoice ‘New’ features are not something that we are currently in search of for this plugin. s2Member is already a mature membership platform that provides a very large set of features that we maintain for compatibility with WordPress Core, with payment gateways, protocols, and other plugins. In terms of ‘new’ features, you can check out additional plugins that we are actively working on at https://wpsharks.com.

1 Like

Did you ever get an answer to this? My users only get the page with the one gift code which has already been used, even though they purchase another one. I need them to be able to purchase a second code.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I’d like my visitors to be able to buy as many gifts as they want, whenever they want.

1 Like