How do wordpress roles align with membership levels

I have wordpress, buddypress, videoshare configured and am configuring free version of s2member. So far, I love this membership plugin.

I have a 0, 1 membership level planned. I have watched all the intro tutorials and think I have a good understanding on how the levels behave.

What I can’t find is information on what wordpress roles are assigned to each level.

I did find this one: https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2member-rolescapabilities/ but, it doesn’t really give me all the info I need.

Here is what I want: that the level 1 membership has the contributor wordpress role - with read, write and edit their own content capability. I don’t want them to be able to publish.

Before I start making changes, I want to make sure that it needs to be changed, and then, not really sure how to make them once I do. I also see a disclaimer about making changes to the wordpress roles, which makes me even more hesitant. Thanks in advance for your help

Hi,
I advise you to use the plugin named “User Role Editor” to assign the required permissions to the s2Member membership levels. It’s very easy.
Thanks.

Yes, it did work perfectly. Thank you very much!

You’re welcome, happy to help you.