How do we increase our video streaming speed?

Hi
We use s2member secured folder for storing and streaming (video on demand type) our videos. We upload directly into s2member-files folder via ftp.
Because of the shared hosting network only US/Arizona users can get higher speeds for downloading and streaming of these videos. But for the Europe users there is some buffering on lengthy videos.
I tried Amazon Cloudfrount (couldnt successfully installed though) but it requires me to upload videos into their servers.
Is there any other way for me to suggest?
Whats the price for 200-250 GB usage of Amazon cloudfront CDN?
Does it possible to serve videos from our server by CDN without uploading into cdn servers and using the s2member protected folder?

The only way you are going to increase your streaming speed is by using either a CDN or better hosting.

As far as I know, s2Member only works “out of the box” with Amazon S3 or Cloudfront. If you need to know Amazon’s pricing, I suggest you contact them. If you have specific questions about getting S3 or Cloudfront to work with s2Member, feel free to ask them here. If someone has answers, they will help you. :wink:

Hi again Pat , my question is, should I have to upload all of our videos into amazon? Or does it possible to serve it from just a cdn?(Like just changing http part or cname of dns?)
Would it be increase streaming speeds?

I’m afraid I’m missing the real question here. Exactly what do you mean by “just a CDN”. As I said, s2Member only works out-of-the-box with Amazon as the CDN. So, yes, if you want to use a CDN you would need to upload all of the videos to Amazon.

Another alternative would be to store the videos privately on a streaming service like Vimeo, set that up with another plugin or direct URLs (I’m not sure how that works), and rather than using download restrictions just restrict access to the page(s) the video links are on.

Thanks for the reply this brings me to another point: Is amazon cloudfront okay with adult videos? Do you know?

No, I’m afraid I do not know. You should check their Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service.