(How) can I put one single custom profile field on a page for update?

I want registered and logged in users to be able to click a checkbox (yes/no) for a specific option and thus update their profile.

I know the shortcut [s2Member-Profile /] but don’t want to change the default profile appearance.

I hope there is a way to have just one custom registration / profile field on a page.

Thank you in advance!

Hilko

I recently asked a similar question here. If you’re using the Pro version you can use custom templates. I don’t believe there is any easy way using the short code to do what you have described.

See: Is It Possible To Customize Pro-Form Templates?

Thank you, Robert! I was afraid to get that answer. I have only free membership so far, so Pro-Form Templates won’t work for me (as they need paypal integration, I think). I am still looking for an easy solution: e.g. a form field which fills the relevant custom field of the database. Thank you!

Pro forms don’t require integration with PayPal or any other payment processor.

@hilkomeyer You can set a custom profile field, to hide it from registration, but to allow it to edit. Then you need some JS code to listen for change of that file and to submit the form. Not so difficult to do (for me…), I think.

Thank you for your answers. When I tried to use Pro-forms (not the one which is proposed for free access) I experienced an error message requiring a paypal configuration. I will give it a new trial and figure it all out. Thank you to all of you! H.