How can I back s2Member Pro to default configuration

Hello, I hope I can find a solution here…
I bought the s2Member Pro and activate and start using the plugin immediately and did not read the entire documentation as I was very exited with the options of the plugin. I am also using the GeoDirectory plugin.

After I make the basic changes in the s2Member Pro (like General Options & Open Registration) I start having member/users problems to login.

I have went thru many changes on WP Users & GeoDirectory plugins trying to fix the situation, but I can’t and still users/members can’t login in the site.

All I ask is to reverse the s2Member Pro plugin to the default configuration so I can have enough time to read the entire documentation and make the correct configuration. How can I do that?

Hi Ernesto! Welcome to the community.

It’s odd that you’d have login sessions problems caused by s2Member. You see, s2Member doesn’t affect the login sessions, those are handled by WordPress as usual. What s2 does is check if the user is logged in, and the user’s role or capabilities to manage access to the content. s2 doesn’t manage the session.

Some people think it does, because s2 does help you customize the look of wp-login.php, which is the default page to login/register, and it can give the wrong impression that then the login is managed by s2Member. That’s the not the case, the changes it does there are just cosmetic, you can see what’s possible from here: WP Admin > s2Member > General > Login/Registration Design

What troubleshooting have you done to assess where the issue is coming from? Did you deactivate/activate plugins to see what things make the behavior come back or go away?

Could you describe some more what you mean by “problems to login”? What is the exact behavior you’re seeing? Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce it? If you want, I can take a look at your configuration to see if I notice what the issue may be.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Thank you Cristian. You are right, I deactivate the plugin and the problem persists. I will inform you about my success.

Thank you again

1 Like

I look forward to your update! :slight_smile: