HLS + Cloudfront + Secure Streaming + Wordpress + S2Member + Free HTML5 Player

I’m trying to set up a secure HLS (http) stream on my wordpress membership site.

I’m not a techie and so I don’t understand many of the technical jargon. So I’m looking for a simple step by step explanation on how I can serve streaming videos through my WP site, using S2 Member and Amazon’s Cloudfront system.

I dont want to use RTMP. I want to use the newer HLS standard videos.

I know Jason has shot a video regarding something similar but that was for non-HLS streams on RTMP, and using JW player.

I want to use HLS and a free html5 player which I have downloaded already. It’s called Viblast.

Anyone know how I can set this up securely so no one can download or play my videos outside of my site?

Appreciate the help,

JH

Let’s get straight to the point here: why?

I can understand that you want to play HLS videos, but why the specification about the manner of doing so?

I’m sure it’s possible, but why not use a proven method, such as FV Flowplayer?

I’m on a budget for the moment. I understand Flowplayer is watermarked until you pay for a license.

JH

Then you’re going to be out of luck. I doubt anyone has tried precisely what you area asking for, so you will either have to try and work it out for yourself, or else change your plan.

Other than the player, I’m sure the steps are the same as any other.

That’s what I’m after here.

JH

Then read the instructions in the s2Member back-end, under Download Options.

Yes, I did check that but it doesn’t consider HLS streaming securely. That’s what I wanted clarified.

I think that when the information was made, it was the era of RTMP.

JH

You now have the opportunity to help the community by testing it out and letting us know how you get on.

I need help on the technical setup to be able to get to that point.

Any experts on Cloudfront setup here?

I will be trying this method on my site, I am no way an expert but I will be using the FV Pro player and Amazon s3/cf/hls method in the next month. Were you ever able to figure this out?

Why do you use amazon? They are so expensive.