Hands-on help for client interaction emails

Hi there,

I’ve been using s2Member Pro for a couple of years now and have been very happy. However, I’ve recently upgraded my offerings and am unclear about the difference between “Signup Confirmation” versus Specific Post/Page Confirmation.

I’m also in a hurry, and will happily pay for hands-on help. I need a complete run-through and troubleshooting on all my offerings via s2Member Pro. Is anyone available for this?

Thanks,
Stephen Schettini

Hi Stephen. I could help you do that if you still need it. Let me know so I email you to continue in private.

About the confirmation emails, subscription is different from the specific post one. Specific Post/Page is a restriction applied to pages/posts that manage access without a user account, instead the access is encoded in the URL the person gets after payment. If you’re not using the Specific Post/Page restriction, that confirmation email is not something you need to worry about.

:slight_smile:

Hi Cristián :

I have a members-only page on my website:
https://schettini.com/mindfulness-live-archives/

If the browser is already logged in then the page opens. If it isn’t, it gives an Internal Server Error (below).

How can I direct an unlogged member to the login page first, and then take them to the page they’re looking for?

Thanks for your help,
Stephen

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@schettini.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at schettini.com Port 443

I replied here: Internal Server Error

:slight_smile: