Give access to seperate modules

Hi,
Is it possible to give access to seperate modules, independently of the S2 member level?

With that I mean that I have a page that level3 members can access but is it possible to configure it that level4 members cannot access it unless they buy that module?

If so, how can I do that? Thanks.
Ph.

Yes. I do something similar on my site. I would investigate using Custom Capabilities for your modules. However, I have a lot of custom PHP managing user access, and if you don’t know much about coding, I’m not sure where the best place to point you would be for examples.

If I understand correctly, you want something that is only available to level 3 members and not level 4 unless they buy it separately?

If I were in your situation, I would instead have whatever “level 3” people purchase to be actually be purchasing one or more custom capabilities. Doing it this way would then keep users separate and you wouldn’t have to try to tinker with the system (since by default, everyone with lvl 4 access will also have level 0-3 access too).

I don’t remember where the Custom Capabilities section is in my admin, but that is the feature I would look for and research implementing.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

~Cam

1 Like

Thanks, I will look into it.

Hi Philippe,
The Custom Capabilities section of your admin (at least the examples and documentation) is in the API / Scripting section.

With Custom Capabilities, you create purchase buttons for single capabilities, then you restrict access to pages (or specific content on pages) based on the user having access to that “capability”.

Hope this helps point you further in the right direction.

~Cam

Thank you Chrisián,
That is clear but in the video the CC’s are made in the stripe forms (or probably paypal forms is also possible I guess?).

But I will not use those Stripe payment method or pypal payment method, I will use mollie.com for the payments.
So if you don’t use the stripe options or paypal options, can you sitll use CC’s?

Additionally, When I am in the “forms for level 1 access” for testing and I put some text in the CC line, then I must create the form code but where is the CC stored after that? That is not clear because after that it is deleted again.

thanks, Ph.

But I will not use those Stripe payment method or pypal payment method, I will use mollie.com for the payments.
So if you don’t use the stripe options or paypal options, can you sitll use CC’s?

You can, but they wouldn’t be added automatically to the user, unless you get your Mollie integration to give the user a new WordPress capability (s2’s custom capability).

Many site owners use payment methods not supported by s2Member yet, but they edit the user’s access manually (or in bulk with the import/updater). So it’s a bit more work, but possible.

Additionally, When I am in the “forms for level 1 access” for testing and I put some text in the CC line, then I must create the form code but where is the CC stored after that? That is not clear because after that it is deleted again.

The ccaps in the shortcode will be applied to the transaction, and stored in the user’s account. Ccaps are not stored by themselves. You create them dynamically with the shortcode for the s2 button/form, or adding it to the user’s profile manually.

Does that help? :slight_smile:

Hi Christian,
How can I add custom capabilities manually to some users account? I don’t find that.

That would be a workaround for me.
Thank you,
Philippe

OMG, I just saw it in the account of the user.
No idea how I could miss that.
You can cancel my question.
Thanks anyway! Ph.

1 Like

It would be great if I could change the user’s account automatically and add a custom capability automatically like you instructed me how I can do it with changing the member his level in the other post.

With this code:
<?php
$user = wp_get_current_user();
$user->set_role(‘s2member_level1’);
?>

But then adding a custom capability to a user’s account instead of changing the level.

See: https://s2member.com/kb-article/rolescapabilities-via-php/

$user->add_cap('access_s2member_ccap_music');

:slight_smile:

Oh! Thank you Cristián. I will test that out pretty soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like