Give access to seperate modules

Hi,
Is it possible to give access to seperate modules, independently of the S2 member level?

With that I mean that I have a page that level3 members can access but is it possible to configure it that level4 members cannot access it unless they buy that module?

If so, how can I do that? Thanks.
Ph.

Yes. I do something similar on my site. I would investigate using Custom Capabilities for your modules. However, I have a lot of custom PHP managing user access, and if you don’t know much about coding, I’m not sure where the best place to point you would be for examples.

If I understand correctly, you want something that is only available to level 3 members and not level 4 unless they buy it separately?

If I were in your situation, I would instead have whatever “level 3” people purchase to be actually be purchasing one or more custom capabilities. Doing it this way would then keep users separate and you wouldn’t have to try to tinker with the system (since by default, everyone with lvl 4 access will also have level 0-3 access too).

I don’t remember where the Custom Capabilities section is in my admin, but that is the feature I would look for and research implementing.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

~Cam

1 Like

Thanks, I will look into it.

Hi Philippe,
The Custom Capabilities section of your admin (at least the examples and documentation) is in the API / Scripting section.

With Custom Capabilities, you create purchase buttons for single capabilities, then you restrict access to pages (or specific content on pages) based on the user having access to that “capability”.

Hope this helps point you further in the right direction.

~Cam