Gift certificate for a fixed term "membership"?

Although I love the recurring revenue model, I would like to offer some “fixed term” memberships.

I know how to create a $100 or $50 discount to be applied to a regular membership, I wonder if there is a simple way to create those “fixed terms” that can only be seen and used with a gift certificate and not be visible elsewhere as I don’t necessarily want to offer those non-recurring options publicly.

Otherwise, can a $100 discount be applied to 4 months of $25/month membership? I am not 100% clear on how it works.

What would you suggest?

About fixed terms, that’s doable, of course. You’d do it with a buy-now payment instead of subscription. But when you say not visible without the gift certificate, do you mean that the regular offer is a subscription, but when you enter the coupon, it gets changed to a buy-now single payment? That’s not possible yet.

The discount for a subscription can be applied to all payments, or only the first one. If it’s monthly and you want to discount the first 4 months, they’d have to be all for in one payment, not four separate ones at one price and the rest at another. In the coupon you’d use the ta-only (trial/initial term only) directive, and give the subscription that trial/initial term so it can be discounted.

:slight_smile:

Yeah, that seems like a bit of a convoluted way. If someone wants to gift $100 and my membership is only $25, they would then have to have a different form than the “non-gifted” members.

For the fixed-term, it is because I would like to have the option for someone to GIFT 3 months or 6 months, but I don’t plan on offering those at large but ONLY for those who are getting a GIFT. Making a large initial term for 3 months or 4 months or 6 months seems confusing. The only way I see it work is with an annual plan, and NOT a monthly plan, but then, it requires the recipient to pay the rest.

I found that I had one page with the form to purchase a gift certificate with Paypal. I cannot remember how this code was generated. Here is the code:
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form sp=“1” ids=“23064” exp=“438291” desc="$50 off (For a year of DIAMOND membership)" ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“USD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“scrapbookcampus.com” ra=“250” accept=“paypal” accept_via_paypal=“paypal” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code="" captcha=“0” /]

Now, I cannot figure out how or where I generated it, and I need one for Stripe too. Can someone point me into the direction for it? There was a link to a video in the KB but that video is no longer available.

OK after digging more, I figured out it was “hidden” under the Specific Page/Post (Buy now).
The way I understand it, is that if it is set to “ta”, it would only be for the “trial period”, which means it would only apply to NEW subscription, correct?

If it is set to “ra”, can it be applied to currently active subscriptions?

The Specific Post/Pages can only be sold with buy-nows, not subscriptions. The access to the page is in the link, not tied to any user account, and a subscription requires a user account.

I am a little confused now. How/where do I set up a form to purchase a gift certificate to then generate a unique code to give someone else? Isn’t that under the Specific Post/Pages?

Is there documentation still available for that? I would love to offer that to my members, now that we are in December and they can ask for that for Christmas for example.