Getting "This site is experiencing technical difficulties" error since update

I did the upgrade yesterday morning by updating the framework first, then immediately update the Pro.

I have users tying to purchase their subscription, but when they put in their cc details and clcik submit they get an error message.

This what one user just told me:

" I first login and then go to thesubscribe link. Once there I enter my renewal discount code, and a green discounted price shows above, and then I enter my Visa card information and click submit. The next page states, “This site is experiencing technical difficulties.”"

So my membership system hasn’t worked since yesterday morning and I need to figure this out ASAP.

Thanks!’
Carl…

Hi Carl.

Thanks for reporting that. Have you not had any payments work or only some have this happen?

Could you please enable logging? That way we can get some additional info to troubleshoot it. WP Admin > s2Member > Log Files

Screenshot_2019-10-25%20s2Member%20Logs%20%E2%80%B9%20s2Member%20Membership%20Plugin%20for%20WordPress%20%E2%80%94%20WordPress

Can you show me the shortcode you’re using? And can I see the page where you have it? If you could send me a discount coupon that will make it a 50 cent purchase, I’ll try making a purchase to see if I get the same message. I’d also like to look at the browser console. You can send me these things privately, click on my name and then the blue “message” button.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply!

I tried to message you but when I click on your name there is no message button…

Maybe via email?

I enabled logging and have set up a coupon code for you. I am not sure what a browser console is though. I can give you any access you need to figure this out though.

Thanks!
Carl…

1 Like

Sure. Click on the message button on this page https://s2member.com/support/

Cool.

That’s probably because you have a new account here. The forum has some antispam features like that.

Go to https://s2member.com/support/ and click the message button to open the contact form and send it from there, please.

ok will do thanks!

1 Like

Hopefully you got my message. :slight_smile:

Yep, got it. Sorry, I had gone to sleep and just got back online.

I did a test purchase, and didn’t get the error…

Screenshot_2019-10-25%201%20Year%20Premium%20Plus%20Subscription%20Guitar%20Lessons%20365

Not sure what your users did when they got that message. So let’s wait for it to happen again, and then get all log files and email them to me in a zip, please, so I can review them. If you can find out also exactly what the user did, maybe we find something that will help reproduce the behavior.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Just sent you some log files. :slight_smile:

I need to go to a backup if I can’t get this working this morning. I am losing so much money. :frowning:

I just replied. I want to find what’s going on too.

I am using the latest release on my site too, and all payments are going through just fine. Haven’t had a single error, and haven’t had someone else report one either.

I look forward to having a closer look at what you’ve got, to identify what’s going on there.

:+1:

Just a quick update for others that may land here in the future from a search engine:

The webhooks were failing with a 500 error. Trying to load the s2Member endpoint (i.e. the notifications URL) didn’t work. Enabled Debug Mode in WordPress and the complete error was about the Stripe namespace for the SDK already being in use. Turns out that there was another plugin for payments also loading the Stripe code and was causing the conflict. Disabled that and the error went away, webhooks work, and payments go through.

Carl, did I forget to mention something?

:slight_smile: