Freeze at PayPal checkout

Hello
We have just built a membership site with the Pro version.
It seems that some customers who try to pay via PayPal after completing the sign up form are left in a wait stage.
The Sign Up button goes light coloured. It does seems to check the data but for many people they are stuck with wait.

I ran the Server Scan By: s2Member and it reports back [ERROR] MySQL Database Extension. However the PHP documentation states: Warning

This extension was deprecated in PHP 5.5.0, and it was removed in PHP 7.0.0. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include:

So my question - Is there a definitive set of PHP requirements.

What else could cause a Wait issue for some customers and yet others are fine.

Site is on a SIteGround Cloud Server.

Thanks

Hi.

Yeah, that’s an outdated warning, I haven’t gotten around to removing it from the scanner.

I don’t know why some of your users are getting that behavior. Coud you reproduce it yourself more or less consistently, or have you found something in common with these checkouts?

If you enable logging, the log entries may give good insight into what’s going on with those when they happen. WP Admin > s2Member > Log Files

If you know how to reproduce the behavior, please test for plugin conflicts and see if it goes away.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile: