Flexible payments / optional purchases

Hi

I’m new to s2Member Pro and working on a membership site. There’s only one level to the membership but there are additional up-sells I’d like to offer at checkout.

All I can work out how to do is to charge a fixed price per membership level. With our site, there is only one membership level - you are a member or you aren’t, and that costs a specific amount per year.

But additionally they can buy extra services from us, which I was hoping to offer the customer at the point they join. There are 3 optional extras that we hope the customer may purchase. We have tried making a membership level to cover each of the combinations but its a messy pricing table as you can imagine with 8 or 9 different memberships levels which handle each of the combinations. And If we add another, its going to be a real mess.

So … can I have an s2 stripe checkout that isn’t a fixed cost? Is there any method within s2 to total up optional entries and pass that to stripe? Or do i have to create some code to determine a cost value based on customer selection and then I can pass that in to the pro form somehow? I’m happy to do this, but I will need to know how to pass this price value into the pro form instead of its fixed value.

Help! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I also forgot to ask, we want our customers to be able to buy multiples. They sign up to our service and become a member and have access to member specific areas of the site, but the amount they pay upon signing up depends on how many computers they want us to cover as part of their membership. Its not as straightforward as joining costs £x. Any method of handling this within S2, or am i going to need to have a separate payment gateway within their members area to manage additional purchases? Hoping s2 can handle it, but perhaps im asking for more than its designed for

The best way to handle optional purchases is using Custom Capabilities.

When you ask about using additional computers are you just wanting to charge per computer/device used or to restrict access to a certain number of devices? You can limit simultaneous logins by IP address, which would work if the devices all had the same IP, but that’s not foreseeable. Otherwise, I can’t think of any way to do that with s2Member. If all you want is to make additional devices available for purchase, you can do that with an additional form or button (or wrap multiple options in a single shortcode).

Hi

I dont need to limit on IP or otherwise. I just need people to be able to buy multiples and optional extras as part of the sign up process. The actual handling of which computers are covered etc , we can deal with when our software is installed on their computers. This is purely a question about taking the correct amount at checkout.

I have looked into ccaps, but it seems this is something i have to add as an additional purchase once they have become a member? Would be nice to hit it in one checkout but if thats what ive got to do, thats what we’ll do. So, is that what we have to do? Sell additonal services AFTER they become a member and not at the point that they become a member?

Thanks

Why do you think that? If you look in any section where form shortcodes are generated, you’ll see a box in which ccaps can be added. So a ccap can be purchased at the same time as membership.

1 Like