Exporting all users and settings to new site

Hi, we have c.50k users and a mixture of paid and free subscribers and have been running s2 pro version since 2014.

We are in the process of building a new site (staging site currently and new WP installation) and would like to move all users and settings across to the new WP installation (which is on the same domain). Is this possible and is there a guide available to do so? From digging around the forum it seems a simple export means users would need reset passwords, which is definitely not what I want given we have a large user base acquired over 5+ years.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dan

It’s not included in the Export -> Import feature because, on import, the passwords would get hashed for a second time and so wouldn’t match the originals. What you need instead is a method that acts directly on the database without going through WordPress/ClassicPress.

The easiest way to accomplish this is probably to use WP Migrate DB Pro.

I concur with @KTS915 - you are doing a site migration which is more than just an export / import.

You might want to consider sorting your “last logged in” / “#logins” columns in your user list to see how many of your users are stale / dormant. You could do a mail-out to these stale / dormant users to see if they want to remain a member. I always find a bit of a cleanup before a migration is helpful.