Export csv has unexpected data in it

When I export and open the CSV in Excel, the first 626 records are normal i.e. showing members, but then there is a flurry of weird data for about 20 rows and then records continue normally after this… What has happened? How to repair please?

Am using s2member pro with an up to date wordpress website

anyone got any ideas about this? @raamdev?

Most likely this is some character, that your Excel don’t recognize. Try to eliminate, and handle that record manually.

Isn’t each row in excel one record? There are about 10 rows extra that shouldn’t be there, and no break in the normal numbering so it doesn’t seem like it’s one row that is corrupted. What’s the manual way to go onto the table and remove this extra data? Thanks

You must edit the CSV file (with a “text editor”, like Window’s Notepad, not with a “text processor”, like “Word”), before to open it with Excel. It is possible the file to be corrupted, or to have UTF character codes in it. How did you create it? Please check this manual.

no other way besides editing the CSV - it seems too risky and difficult to get everything to match up…?

Well, editing the corrupted results in Excel is way more dangerous for data integrity, I think… If Excel don’t shows it right, you must edit the source, right? Do a copy of the exported file, play with it, read the ruled about CSV files, they are easy to follow, and you will be able to fix your problem.