Existing Users Registering and Being Charged

Here is a question for the community. I have just upgraded to the latest version and love that Stripe is now in-line and not modal.

It appears that if an existing user tries to register with the same email address they are able to fill out the registration, enter credit card information and submit. It looks like that Stripe will process the card but the registration will fail. Is that correct? If so, how can I prevent them from being charged unless the registration is successful?

Hi James.

That’s an interesting point. And did you test with the modal if that wasn’t he case already? I don’t think something changed in the way that would have already happened, but I may have missed something.

In any case, that’s not the ideal behavior. I’m adding it to my list to see if I can reproduce it and how it can be improved.

:slight_smile:

Hi James.

I ran several tests and reviewed the code, and couldn’t reproduce the behavior or see how it would happen…

I tested using an existing user’s email and also username while doing the signup, but got the error about each already being in use. I checked the Stripe logs and nothing was charged.

I reviewed the code that validates the pro-form, and those errors are checked before the charge is made, so it can’t get to the payment part if the error is triggered.

Have you still gotten that behavior? Can you reproduce it consistently? What are the steps you need to take for it to happen?

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile: