ERROR: Unable to verify $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]. Please contact Support for assistance. If you are the site owner, please check the custom value in your Button Code. It MUST start with your domain name

So, I have s2member on my site makemoneyonlinewithlu.com

But I also sell products using paypal on my site loopholemarketers.com

When someone buys anything from me through paypal, whether on 1 site or the other, they get this error:

ERROR: Unable to verify $_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”].
Please contact Support for assistance.

If you are the site owner, please check the custom value in your Button Code. It MUST start with your domain name.

This didn’t start until after I added s2member to makemoneyonlinewithlu.com

I know I’ll need to get some log files and stuff, not sure how to though…

You must re-build all s2M payment buttons and pro-forms on each your site, not just copy them from other sites, because they are domain-dependable.

No, I’m not putting the same code everywhere. Ever since I installed s2member any paypal button I create ends up with this error.

So if I go to paypal and create a buy now button and use it in an email, I get that error.

That’s your mistake right there. You can’t create the button from PayPal. You have to create the button from within s2Member.

s2member is on one website: Makemoneyonlinewithlu.com. There I use s2member to run my membership site. That;s only one product that I sell.

I run other sites as well.

On those other sites I sell products not related to makemoneyonlinewithlu.com or s2member.

For example, on loopholemarketers.com I sell things using Paypal as the payment processor. When people make purchases there, they get the error I mention in the title of this thread.

I also sell things to my email list. When doing this, I use the raw URL from paypal, I place that link in the email and people buy from there (also has nothing to do with s2member) but when they buy they get the error above.

So to recap, s2member is on one website and I only use it there.

I sell other products that have nothing to do with s2member, using paypal alone, but there I get an s2member error, as show in my threads title

So are you saying that you are having this problem on sites where s2Member is not even activated?

If so, then s2Member has nothing to do with it. Your problem lies with PayPal.

Yes, i’m saying every order made through Paypal gives my customer this message after checkout.

What might that problem be?

No idea. PayPal has had problems like this before, though, so you just need to talk to them.

so you don’t think it has anything to do with the IPN thing that’s linked to my s2member account?

Because the error doesn’t say Paypal, it has a specific message related to the framework

If you’ve input s2Member details into your PayPal account, then of course it’s going to say something about s2Member.

But if you aren’t using s2Member code to create your buttons, then the problem is actually nothing to do with s2Member.

Yes, seems you set your s2M’s IPN to your Paypal account, so all the requests from anywhere go to the s2M. So you must delete that (s2M should care about IPNs automatically - try this first), or set custom IPN’s in your other Paypal forms. Or create an “IPN hub” on your s2M site and redirect requests to need sites (but this is not so easy to do).

So…

I have a client who is getting this error too. She has buttons created by s2Member for a one-off product, and that purchase is fine, all smoothly working… but she also wants to use PayPal to create a ‘donation’ button (where her customers can input an arbitrary amount and pay, and NOT have a login for the site).

Are you saying then that I can’t have s2Member set up (with s2Member IPN value on PayPal) AND also use PayPal-made buttons? I can’t see a way of creating a donation button using s2Member… and I don’t want the customer to be given a login account (some of the client’s products are non-membership)…

Alternatively, if the custom capabilities field is left empty, will the process bypass the account login creation process?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Andy

Right, no sense to use s2M if the user is not logged in, that’s how the membership plugins works. You can use any other way to create a donation button, include Paypal’s native code. Note that this way can not use any s2M’s features.

There can be exception with Pro version maybe…

Hi Krumch - thanks for the reply :slight_smile:
It’s tricky, as I need the functionality of s2 for the client’s membership program, but she also wants to have the ability to use a PayPal button (created on PayPal) to allow her customers to make a ‘donation’ payment, but not go through the process of account creation. It’s just that the s2 setting on PayPal to interface with s2 throws out the error when the button isn’t created by s2.
What additional feature ‘maybe’ available with PRO? I have PRO on our own site, but I can’t see what difference it would make.

No… :slight_smile: As it is “outside” of s2M, it can not be in the Pro version. Just create it separately, like no s2M on the site. Sure, in this case no way to link the payment to any user, but there is a solution (with more coding) to check if the visitor currently is a logged in member, and to show “s2M button” or “native Paypal button”.