Error 11552 - Some Paypal transactions not auto updating EOT

Since around 1 week ago, around 50% of my members are not having their EOT updated after a successful Paypal payment.
They receive receipt from Paypal and email from my website saying membership updated, but their date has not changed.
But for some people it all works fine.

Paypal API logs is showing this: Error #11552. Invalid profile ID. The profile ID is invalid.

PROFILEID=ch_1Cb4HpABC7Uw6Tw4jVT4bJ5e&TIMESTAMP=2019%2d01%2d18T16%3a30%3a15Z&CORRELATIONID=791e37f8e8895&ACK=Failure&VERSION=71%2e0&BUILD=46457558&L_ERRORCODE0=11552&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Invalid%20profile%20ID&L_LONGMESSAGE0=The%20profile%20ID%20is%20invalid&L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error
array (
‘PROFILEID’ => ‘ch_1Cb4HpABC7Uw6Tw4jVT4bJ5e’,
‘TIMESTAMP’ => ‘2019-01-18T16:30:15Z’,
‘CORRELATIONID’ => ‘791e37f8e8895’,
‘ACK’ => ‘Failure’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘BUILD’ => ‘46457558’,
‘L_ERRORCODE0’ => ‘11552’,
‘L_SHORTMESSAGE0’ => ‘Invalid profile ID’,
‘L_LONGMESSAGE0’ => ‘The profile ID is invalid’,
‘L_SEVERITYCODE0’ => ‘Error’,
‘__error’ => ‘Error #11552. Invalid profile ID. The profile ID is invalid.’,

Does anybody have any idea why this has started happening all of a sudden?

Thank you.

Hi Paul.

PayPal recently changed the format of the subscr. IDs, so it may be related to that. I’m working on this to have s2Member recognize the old and new format.

Having said that, that ID in your log looks more like a Stripe one. Do you have Stripe and PayPal on the same site?

Could you tell me more about your setup?

Could you check the profiles of some of these customers with the problem, and see in the s2Member section what payment gateway is mentioned there?

So these are users on your site. Were they paid users or subscribers/level0 before making the payment?

Can I see the shortcode for the payment form?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

I used to have Stripe, it was still enabled on the website, but no longer being used.

These were existing users, some still with membership remaining, some had expired.

Ah, these fields are empty on the users who have this problem.

s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields:
Paid Subscr. Gateway:
Paid Subscr. ID:

but on a user who renewed without problem it shows this:

Paid Subscr. Gateway: PayPal (code: paypal)
Paid Subscr. ID: 1VL38552XK2511104

Hope this helps.

Bit strange, any idea why would those fields be empty for users who have previously had successful transactions?

Regards

If they reached their EOT before, then when demoted these fields may have been cleared. Do they have an admin note mentioning the demotion?

Or when you imported them, you missed adding those values. If you have them, you can update them using the Importer. You can export your users, edit the CSV file adding the missing data, and reimport to update them. https://s2member.com/kb-article/advanced-importexport-tools/

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. I think the users affected did get imported in from another website.

Do you know how can I fix this for those users?
E.g., Barry just paid for 1 year membership.
EOT was not auto-updated.
I manually set EOT for 02/01/2020 but his Paid subscr ID is still empty so in 1 year he will have this issue again :frowning:

If it’s relevant, when users are demoted, they go to Level 1 as per this article https://s2member.com/kb-article/how-do-i-specify-the-demotion-role-upon-eot/ - I wonder if they got demoted to Free Subscriber and then made a transaction, would it update their Paid subscr ID?
As presumably Free Subscribers (e.g., new members) to the website don’t have a Paid subscr ID until their first transaction? So would somebody at this level, with a blank Paid subscr ID, force the Paid subscr ID to update on transaction completion?

Regards

You can add the payment gateway and subscr ID to his profile. Thing is that the subscription in the payment gateway, if it wasn’t created with s2Member, is not pointing to s2Member in any way, so it won’t send s2Member notifications of new payments…

You’ll need to keep an eye on these older subscriptions, or find what the notification URL for that subscription is, and in that address create a redirection to the s2Member notifications URL for PayPal. Maybe the central IPN script may help. https://s2member.com/account s2Member Pro Extras (s2m-pro-extras.zip)

Yes, if they make purchase through s2Member for access, their profiles would get their payment gateway and subscr ID updated. Test it.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile: