EOT reminders emails still sending even after members renewed and user still demoted

Hi,

I’m running the s2Member Pro version. I had a few issues that occurred after setting up the plugin. I’m using PayPal Pro-Forms button, EOT Renewal/Reminder Emails and automatic renewal emails turned on. The issues I experienced were:

• Once a member renewed they were still receiving the automated renewal reminders I setup. (It confused a lot of customers whether they had renewed or not).

• The members that renewed were still demoted and converted back to Free Subscriber.

• The Admin also did not receive automated notice of renewals every time there was a renewal/purchase. (Only about 10 notification emails were received.)

I had done tests prior to the launch and it was all working fine however when it was close to the membership renewal date (I setup a fixed date for 1 October using PHP) these were the issues that occurred. I’m really not sure how to debug all this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Please see the PayPal pro forms button below I setup (and was working fine):

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“AUD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“www.example.org.au” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” rp="[php]echo esc_attr($days_until_fixed_eot_time);[/php]" rt=“D” rr=“BN” rrt="" rra=“2” accept=“paypal” accept_via_paypal=“paypal” coupon="" accept_coupons=“1” default_country_code="" captcha=“0” ]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“1” ccaps=“Individual” desc=“Individual” ra=“50” /]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“2” ccaps=“Concession” desc=“Concession” ra=“30” /]

[/s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

EOT was set to: -30,-14,-5,1,5

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tahreem!

I setup a fixed date for 1 October using PHP

I’m not sure how much of the trouble you’re having is from the customization, but I’m sure we’ll figure out what’s causing the weird behavior.

[php]echo esc_attr($days_until_fixed_eot_time);[/php]

Did you verify that this PHP shortcode is working correctly? I have seen trouble in the past when using a shortcode inside of another shortcode. Make sure it’s being parsed correctly.

• Once a member renewed they were still receiving the automated renewal reminders I setup. (It confused a lot of customers whether they had renewed or not).
  • The members that renewed were still demoted and converted back to Free Subscriber.

These may be related. Is the EOT time in their profile being updated after they renew?

Are they logged into their account on your WP site, when they load the page with the payment pro-form? This is important for the payment to go towards their existing account.

Could you enable logging to get more details from the logs? When someone renews, is it referencing the existing user account? WP Admin > s2Member > Log Files

In the reminder email, link to a page protected at the level the user has, so he’ll be required to login to see it. At least protect it at level 0, e.g. user has to be logged in.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile: