EOT email reminder setting Not Working

Since the last update I noticed that under every member of our site the ‘Enable Reminder Emails?’ is defaulting to Yes even though under S2 member (Pro) > PayPal Options > EOT Reminder Emails is set to No (disabled).

My site is auto renew and now we are nothing every member each month with a reminder email. Can I get this actually disabled again globally? It will take forever to go thru every User profile and manually switch EOT emails to No.

Thanks for the help,
Ian

You can change that setting for all users in bulk, using the s2Member Pro Advanced Exporter and Importer tools. WP Admin > s2Member Pro > Import/Export > Users

See also: https://s2member.com/kb-article/advanced-importexport-tools/

The setting’s name is meta_key__wp_s2member_reminders_enable. Set it to 0 to disable.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the information… could I ask how the format should be done. I did an Import of:

“meta_key__wp_s2member_reminders_enable”
“0”

and it came back with:
Line #1. Missing first-line CSV headers; please try again. Please note that your CSV headers MUST contain (at a minimum), one of: “ID”, or “user_login”

Then if I add
“ID”, “meta_key__wp_s2member_reminders_enable”
“”, “0”

it says I’m now missing email address

Thanks for any additional help.

First do an export in the default CSV format for reimportation, edit that CSV’s column for the reminders setting, save and reimport it to update the users.

Test with a single user first and when you feel well with the process, go ahead with the rest.

Thank you. I tested it with a single user 3 different times and it worked each time. My next question is doing these in bulk. I see it specifies “up to 1000 lines per file”… I have one site with almost 30,000 users and another with just under 60,000. So you can see how at 1000 a time it will be consuming. Thanks for all your input. Ian

PS. I asked my host and they mentioned if you could provide a sql query that can update all the values to 0 so that it can run from PHPMyAdmin. Is that possible? thx again

The table is wp_usermeta, and the meta_key is wp_s2member_reminders_enable.

Users that never had this set, will not have a row for it in that table. You’ll need to create/update a wp_s2member_reminders_enable row for every user.

I’m sorry I don’t have a query for it. I’d probably write a couple of queries, one to get all the user IDs, and another to update user_meta with wp_s2member_reminders_enable for them.

The 1000 limit in the importer is to prevent timeouts of the script.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. Last question… this reminders_enable option is Only for those Not under Recurring Billing correct? So if I am running a recurring membership site, then no matter if this is set to Yes or No… technically the end user should Not get one of these emails. Do I have that correct? Thx again

This reminder is sent to a user with an EOT time set for his account. This happens when a buy now with a time limit is purchased, or when a subscription is ended, i.e. you know the time the paid access ends. It doesn’t apply to an ongoing subscription, since that will not set the EOT time before it’s stopped.

The Reminder Emails feature status would be the default for all users, and the profile setting would override the default for that user. If the default is on, but the user’s is off, he won’t receive them. If the default is off, and the user’s is on, he wouldn’t receive them, because the reminders system is not active. In the profile’s setting, if you click the (?) link, you get a message saying:

This setting applies only if you have configured reminder email notifications in s2Member; e.g., EOT Renewal/Reminder Emails or NPT Renewal/Reminder Emails.

I know it’s a bit confusing. I’ll look at this some day in the future, to try polish it and make it more intuitive.

So, to recap: If you have the Reminder Emails system disabled, I doubt your users will get them, even if set to yes in their profiles, especially if you delete all the dates for the reminders and the reminder email’s subject and message, just to be extra safe. But if you want to have all users set to no in their profiles, then you’ll need to add a row for each one in the usermeta table with that value.

Does that help? :slight_smile:

This helps. Thanks again.

1 Like

My pleasure. :slight_smile: