EOT Demotion Not Working (At All)

Until recently, I have only used S2Member for sites with a one-time payment for permanent access. But now I have a membership site with monthly payments and none of the EOT downgrades are working. I have to do them all by hand and my site is getting too big to manage.

The “yes enable EOT via ChronJob” is checked. I give people a 1 day grace period (86400 seconds). And the IPD in Paypal is set specifically for my site and my site is using SSL.

I use S2Member Pro and Paypal Pro forms.

Thoughts?

And just to verify, I am 100% that the folks are beyond their terms of service. For example, they paty $1 for my 31 day trial. They cancel before the trial ends and several weeks later when they are into the second month (no payment) they are still not demoted.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

I may have solved this after reading this post:

It looks as if chron jobs were turned of in wp-config file. I changed this:

define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, true);

to

define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, false);

I am guessing it will work now. Will report back. Thanks!

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Is it working now?

Hi James,
I have been having the same issue for months. Have you found any resolution?

Sorry for the delayed response. Turning on Chron Jobs in wp-config file DID solve the problem, but only on certain conditions. If the person logins and goes to my page that has the “Cancel” subscription link on it, then S2member does demote them and it also unsubscribes them from my Aweber list.

However, if I manually suspend or cancel someone via Paypal, it does not, And I must demote them myself. But I believe that is expected.

Also, for some strange reason, it only seems to work for newer members. For the people who joined my site 5 to 6 months ago, it does not work. But I will double check that as more people cancel.

Ryan