EOT currently not working

Hi Jeff!

Thank you for your patience! I hope you had a wonderful Easter with your loved ones.

I finally got around back to this issue and did a test. I didn’t get the 1cent behavior, though, it worked as expected for me…

I’ll send you a private message with the details.

Thanks Cristian! Yes, had a great Easter thank you, as I hope you did as well. And thanks so much for testing. It sounds like what is happening is that when a classic WP page is opened and edited with Elementor, it’s creating those curly quotes. Sounds like the fix is to create a new Options page, input the buttons, and NEVER open it in Elementor. We will test and report back. Thanks again for your time!

1 Like

Sounds good! Let me know how it goes! :smiley:

Hi Cristian,
I put up a new Options page that wasn’t opened in Elementor
Input the buttons
A person signed up today:

You have a new automatic payment profile for NAME
Hello The Lost 45s with Barry Scott,
A new automatic payment profile for Name has been created. Here’s the automatic payment profile information:
Customer name: Name
Customer email: email@email.com
Automatic payment ID: I-H1ESJ0PB6H9B
For: Monthly Dyn-o-mite / 30 days unlimited commercial free access to The Lost 45s weekly show (which you can download) and the last
Invoice number: 606f289d3f9bf~98.208.43.122
Automatic payment details
Amount paid each time: $0.01 USD
Payments start: May 8, 2021
Next payment due: May 8, 2021
Trial Period
Trial period amount: $6.99 USD
Billing cycle: 30
Start date: Apr 8, 2021
End date: May 8, 2021

Please help. It’s still doing the 1 cent thing. He has another unhappy customer who is being charged the wrong amount.
There are about 12 of them that need to be corrected now.

Hi Jeff.

I’ll take a look now. :slight_smile:

Ì did a test live subscription at that same plan that you mention, and was able to set it up successfully, and recurring payments set at the correct $6.99. I sent you the details privately (screenshots, etc).

I tried to see the sales page you created, but the Membership Options Page is still the “be back soon” one. Could you show me the page you created so I review it and see if I notice something that may be causing the problem you’re having? Give me a link to it, or at least the ID or name, so I go to its editor.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Thanks Cristian,
The only difference I saw was that you didn’t have characters like / , ; etc. in the description area for the button, whereas my button did. So I took out any possble havock causing characters and made it more plain then reposted the buttons:
https://www.lost45.com/membership-options-2/
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!
Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I put your shortcodes side-by-side with mine, especially the one that matched the plan I tested. Went over each character by character, until I found the difference. After fixing that in my test, the regular amount went to the correct one instead of the deafult 1 cent you were getting.

The problem was this (highlighted to help see it):

Screenshot_2021-04-09%20Lost45%20com%20login

When it should be this:

Screenshot_2021-04-09%20Lost45%20com%20login2

There was a curly double-quote left “closing” the regular amount value. After fixing that typo, the test worked correctly with the correct amount for the subscription.

:slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your patience Cristian!!
Jeff

1 Like

No problem! I’m just glad we could get to the bottom of it. :smiley:

Hi Cristian, What do I need to do for:

Call to Action

If you are implementing any Access Control List (ACL) or filters on IP addresses for the IPNs received from PayPal, we request that you add all the aforementioned IP addresses before May 3, 2021 .

Doing so will help avoid missing IPNs from PayPal. If you have any further questions about this migration activity, please feel free to reach out to Merchant Technical Support (www.paypal-techsupport.com).