Editing Pro Form - inherit styles and reCaptcha

I copied paypal-registration-form.php over to my themes folders and started making some changes.
Initially I just wanted a different title and wanted to remove the “Additional Info” header title. There is only one custom field so giving it its own section is overkill.

I changed the title wording and was looking at the info section when I discovered that the form was not displaying the v2 Google recaptcha stuff. There was a space for it but nothing in the space.

The site just went live so I didn’t want to disturb registrations while investigating so I disabled my edited php file and just removed .s2member-pro-paypal-form-custom-fields-section-title with CSS.

It’s not a big deal but I’m curious what the issue might be…

Also, I understand that the Pro forms are supposed to inherit theme settings such as font style. It did not so I had to add a bit of CSS to the theme and force the font change using !important.
Again, not an issue, just curious…

Hi Daine.

The form doesn’t inherit everything from the theme, but it still looks good on most themes without needing adjustments. It mostly just looks like this: https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2member-pro-forms/#toc-eb56fe59

If it looks quite unformatted, I’d then make sure there’s no plugin or theme conflict, I’d check the CSS but especially the JS. Just make sure that the form works fine without something odd, a good one is the password strength meter.

:slight_smile:

Indeed, the overall formatting was OK (as seen in your link), its just that I generally prefer sans-serif fonts but that was easy enough to change and I suppose I can use :after and content: in css to make the title wording changes.

The stranger thing was that the copied php ws generating the form with enough space but without displaying the v2 Google recaptcha stuff.

1 Like