Drop down list of member levels not working & use my own buttons

I watched a video https://youtu.be/WWn3jWQpMSg of yours about adding the buttons in a drop down list. I followed the instructions and nested the three options inside your [s2Member-Pro-Paypal-Form] but it gives me three images of paypal’s logo, not a drop down. Does this option not work any longer?

I also thought that if I removed Paypal from the “Checkout Page Style”, and submitted an image from my site, it would replace the Paypal checkout button, but that doesn’t seem to do anything either. (still get the paypal check out image).

If it isn’t possible to remove Paypal’s logo, I’d like to add code to a regular button, if that is possible? Or have either of these above methods work without Paypal’s logo. (the drop down or single button).

Thank you, Mary

Hi Mary.

Could you show me your shortcodes?

Also, the checkout options you mention is for pro-forms, not buttons.

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Hi Cristian,

I didn’t get a notification of your reply, so I’m going to give you the code I am using (I found the drop down section). I am hoping you can let me know why, no matter what I do, it is charging people in US funds when I’ve put the Canadian country code in two places. I don’t want to charge people in US dollars.

I also thought that paypal allowed people to pay with their own credit cards if they didn’t have an account and now it seems to want to make them sign up for one. I know that isn’t your area, but is that the case now, do you know?

The currency issue is the main one.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form rp=“1” rt=“Y” default_country_code=“CA” cc="CAN "rr=“0” accept_via_paypal=“paypal,visa,mastercard” accept_coupons=“0”]
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“1” desc=“Option 1/ Farming Foundations - $34.00(tax incl)” ra=“34.00” /]
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“2” desc=“Option 2/Farming Foundations Extensions - $50.00(tax incl)” ra=“50.00” /]
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“3” desc=“Option 3/Digging Deeper into Sustainability - $1.00(tax incl)” ra=“1.00” /]
[/s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

I’ve also put in the code that I don’t want automatic renewals and it seems to still be doing that too.

Thank you.

If I could just have a button that is in Canadian dollars, no renewal and is just code and not using the Paypal image, that would be even better.

Thank you,
Mary

Hi Mary.

Thanks for the codes. They look mostly fine. I noticed that the closing quote for the cc value is wrong: has a space before it and no space after it.

I don’t know why PayPal would insist on charging in USD if you’re setting it to CAD. Do you ahve logging enabled? Can I see the relevant entries for your test transaction where that happens? WP Admin > s2Member > Log Files

For PayPal account to not be required, you have to enable it from your PayPal account. Account Settings > Website Payments > Website Presferences > PayPal Account Optional https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/preferences/website

PayPal accounts can be optional for buy-nows, not subscriptions. Your shortcodes are for non-recurring subscriptions. For buy-now, change the rr value to BN. WP Admin > s2Member > PayPal Buttons > Shortcode Attributes > rr

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Cristian,

I appreciate your help. I had replied on Monday via email, but perhaps you don’t get those emails?

I put on debugging and checked the spaces (and I had already put the BN in and corrected the space) and then signed up for the $1 course again. This time it didn’t even go through, I got an error 10605.

Error #10605. Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. Receiving country does not support the transaction currency.

And here is the code I’m using now below. I’ve attached the three reports for you to see.

Thank you so much for your help.

Mary

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form rp=“1” rt=“Y” default_country_code=“CA” cc=“CAN” rr=“BN” accept_via_paypal=“paypal,visa,mastercard” accept_coupons=“0”]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“1” desc=“Option 1/ Farming Foundations - $34.00(tax incl)” ra=“34.00” /]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“2” desc=“Option 2/Farming Foundations Extensions - $50.00(tax incl)” ra=“50.00” /]

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“3” desc=“Option 3/Digging Deeper into Sustainability - $1.00(tax incl)” ra=“1.00” /]

[/s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form]

paypal api.pdf (40.6 KB) s2-http-api.pdf (45.4 KB) wp-http-api-debug.pdf (775.9 KB)