Dripped User / Beta Test Plugin

Hello,

I am planning a new platform and I am want to implement a kind of dripped user functionality,

New/unknow user should only see a splash page and should have the chance to enter and/or apply for a beta code. If you have the code you can get rid of the splash page and use the site normal.

Is this something S2Member can do? I do not want to interfere with the current user of the site, meaning user need to sign up normally at the site and should not be signed up when they entered the coupon code.

If S2Member is not able to handle this, does anybody know an alternative plugin?

• Marian

I assume that, when you talk of a “new/unknown user”, you mean a visitor who is not logged in. In that case, yes, what you’ve described is essentially how s2Member works.

A new user who attempts to access a page is redirected to what s2Member calls the Membership Options Page, which you use as your splash page. When someone has the code, they will be able to register with an s2Member role and be able to login.

Hello Tim,

correct new user means “not logged” in, but in the best way also “not have entered the code before”. The issue though. The new page has an extensive user sign up system which decided on if somebody is a buyer/seller and similar things, so I actually do not want that somebody is logged in after having used S2Member but that they have have to regularly sign up on the page (also to test functionality etc), but that just the splash page is gone after having entered the code.

Marian

You don’t need a full-blown membership plugin just for that. In fact, WordPress offers that functionality out of the box. See https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Password_Protection