Drip content behavior when subscription is sospended

Hello, i was testing the drip feature, and i can not understand this behavior.

A user subscribed a level 1 membership.
Afret 2 days he quitted the paypal subscription. Based on EOT setting, he was still able after some days to see [s2Drip access=“level1” from_day=“2”] [/s2Drip] contents.

Then i moved it, manually, in level 0 to make some more test, and then i restored it to level 1.
At this point, he lost the access to day 2 content. He now is able to see just [s2Drip access=“level1” from_day=“1”] [/s2Drip] content.

1. Why??
  2. When, in true, a customer of me will temporary suspend or quit a membership plan and then after some months, he recreate it, will he have access to all content he already purchased in the period he was paying?
  3. If i want to manipulate the “seniority” of a user to let he access more days than the number he was subscribed, wich paramenter have i to change within the db?

Many thanks for helping.
Francesco

Ciao Francesco.

That’d be because he just got level 1 access again. The drip will look at the last time, not the very first time he got it. Look at the file s2member-pro/src/includes/classes/user-drip-access.inc.php, function _user_can_access_drip_cb($cap). This line:

$cap_time_latest = $cap_times ? max($cap_times) : 0;

To use the first time he got that access capability, you’d have to use min() instead of max() there.

You could use the filter ws_plugin__s2member_pro_user_can_access_drip_cb to alter the return of this function.

If i want to manipulate the “seniority” of a user to let he access more days than the number he was subscribed, wich paramenter have i to change within the db?

You could use conditionals as described here: WP Admin > s2Member > API / Scripting > Content Dripping

If your users signup at the same time they get the paid access, and there aren’t free registrations, you could probably use S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS.

Or use the function s2member_paid_registration_time().

I hope that helps! :slight_smile: