Does s2Member work without problem on PHP 7.3?

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone has already tested s2Member with PHP 7.3 and if everything is working normally without any message or API issues.
Is the disappearance of the “ioncube_loader” PHP extension (I think I read that s2member uses it) problematic?

Thanks in advance, best regards. Brice.

I’ve ran local dev sites on 7.3 and everything I tested worked, but I didn’t test the important stuff (sales, etc.).

I was testing something else and my default dev stack is 7.3.

My production s2 sites are still on earlier versions because another plugin I use hasn’t been updated yet so I don’t have production testing.

I’d be very surprised if s2 had any code encrypted by ioncube or any alternative because they’ve always seemed very open to sharing all the source code.

The source is even on GitHub.

I haven’t read it all, though.

@clavaque Are there any PHP encryption shenanigans?

As a programmer, one of the reasons I hate PHP is the existence of stuff like ioncube. That and they are slowly turning the language into antiquated Java rather than EcmaScript, Python, or Ruby.

1 Like

Hi Ric,

I’m not sure of that, I just thought I read it but I can’t find this information again so I may have dreamed ^^.
Anyway, s2Member’s total accounting with PHP 7.3 remains a query.

Thanks. Best regards, Brice.

Hi
I have latest PHP version and i don’t face any error/problem, if there is a problem most of times it is because of theme,plugins, server or any custom code.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you, this answer is reassuring :léger_smile::+1:

Best regards, Brice.

1 Like