Displaying coupon codes on a public page

For some reason, I am unable to display coupon codes on a public page.

For example, if I place [s2Member-Gift-Codes discount=“10” quantity=“1” /] on a page, I can only see it if I’m logged in (otherwise the page is empty).

What I want to do is display a coupon anyone can use to get money off a product. Thanks for any pointers.

Gift codes are meant to be sold to one person and redeemed by another. Why not just create a Coupon Code and “advertise” it on your site somewhere? That way you can get as creative as you want about how it is displayed.

Thanks Pat. I was thinking how great it would be to offer a coupon to anyone who visited my site for free, so they could use it themselves or give it to another at no cost, and that would allow them a simple discount - without the need for them to have to login/optin or give away any of their details in exchange - like most retailers do. Does that make sense?

I’ve probably misunderstood the intention of s2Member coupons from what you say, which is fine, I just wanted to check if what I wanted was possible - but thank you anyway for replying - I appreciate it.

Quentin,

It is entirely possible to display a Coupon Code to the public at large. Simply create a Post/Page and include the coupon code on the Page. It could even be a link to a sign-up form. If you want the Coupon Code to be automatically applied, use the Coupon="" attribute in the s2 Member shortcode for the sign-up form. Say you had 10%OFF coupon code. Just include coupon="10%OFF" acceptcoupons=1 in your s2Member shortcode.

Well, I’ve tried pretty much everything and cannot make this work as I want. Here’s what I’ve done:

1. Added this short code [s2Member-Gift-Codes discount=“100%” quantity=“10” /] to a page (the 100% discount is so I can test this without having to buy anything).
  2. When I’m logged in (and ONLY when I’m logged in) do I see the list of codes.
  3. When I’m not logged in, nothing appears - so there’s no code presented to the public to use.

So, I try this instead:

1. I select one of the actual codes, and add a direct link to the page using the URL+?s2p-coupon=AHDAHJKDAHJKSDHKJ (or whatever coupon code I see on the logged in page).
  2. I view it as a public page (ie. not logged in) and (as expected) the link works and the coupon is applied, discount given, and I’m able to log in.
  3. I log out, and I pretend I’m another person wanting to sign up and click the direct link again, but the coupon is now used up, and so cannot be applied again.

What I need is a page (viewable by anyone) that says “Use this code [code] to get 50% off”. The question is, is that possible?

Thanks again for your help.

You want to use a Coupon code and not a Gift/Redemption code. See WP Dashboard → s2Member (Pro) → Coupon Codes → Pro-Form Coupon Code Configuration.

1. Create a Coupon Code in the panel described above.
  2. Create a Post/Page with that Coupon Code and a link to your registration form.

Ah. Thank you so much Pat. Kudos.

helped me a lot… i was stuck creating coupon codes … thanks