Discount code with PayPal Standard using Pro-Form not working

We’re using S2Member Pro with a PayPal standard account. Per this page:

we have removed non-PayPal options from the “accept” attribute in the shortcode.

Everything works fine until we plug in a coupon/discount code. When we do so the discount is applied and reflected at the top of the form, and the checkout button changes from a PayPal button to a plain HTML submit button that says “Submit Form”. Submitting it does not take the user to PayPal, it keeps you on the registration form and shows a “you’re now a member, log in” message. As a result the person signing up ends up with a free membership.

Do coupon/discount codes not work with PayPal standard? Or is there a fix/workaround?

Update on this - when the discount code is applied we see this hidden form element added to the form:

This is in addition to the PayPal image button becoming a regular form button.

I tried removing this element from the HTML (using Firebug) and submitting but it didn’t work - I didn’t get routed to PayPal, still got a free membership.

Let me know what else I can provide. We’re hoping to launch tomorrow :slight_smile:

Update - we appear to have solved this. We were testing with membership priced at $0.10. Apparently something about this small amount messes up the form when a coupon discount is applied (50% or 5¢).