Dates Have Changed in Member Records

I just discovered that the EOTs for hundreds of our members have been removed even though their membership has not expired and that the Registration Date for these accounts is set to 1/1/1970.
Looking back through the records, I see that this has been occurring for over a year.
Any ideas what could cause this?
Thanks.

Hi Mitch.

I don’t know why you’d be getting that behavior…

Do you know what changed on your site around the time when this started happening? Maybe something with your server time settings? Are other times being recorded correctly?

If you haven’t yet, please enable logging so we can have some extra info to troubleshoot. WP Admin > s2Member > Log Files

After that, see if you can reproduce the behavior. Maybe signup a test user for a 1 day access for 50 cents, and later check if the EOT time was set on his account, and what the time is.

Do you have some customization on your site? Is there any file in your must-use plugins folder? /wp-content/mu-plugins/

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

I don’t know when it started happening. I discovered it yesterday, but looking at my oldest S2 membership download (5/18), I see that this problem was present at that time.

Yes, we do use mu-plugins in combination with Gravity Forms for onboarding - described here: Add custom capabilities using gravity forms
I’ve attached the latest versions:
sg_gf.zip (2.7 KB)

Most of our members are granted membership after attending a live training event.
The process is that I download the attendees list via S2, upgrade their ccaps and EOT, then upload the new data - this is generally 15-60 people/event. I also use a ccap to keep track of the events that people attend - e.g. my_event_1902.

Using Excel filtering, I determined that about 350 records had this issue. Interestingly, if a specific event was affected, the records were changed for everyone who attended. I have all the records in Excel files, so I re-uploaded them via S2 import.

Note that we are in the process of integrating S2 ccaps with Woo Commerce, so we are deprecating this procedure.

Logging is not enabled - reading the notes it looks risky for a live site!

Followup question.
When I upload/download the S2 records, I maintain all of the columns. Since all I want to update is EOT and ccaps, can I upload fewer columns?
Thx.

Logging is not enabled - reading the notes it looks risky for a live site!

It’s not that it’s risky, it just includes some data that is a bit sensitive and you may not want to keep there if you weren’t troubleshooting, that’s all. It’s not going to break anything.

I determined that about 350 records had this issue. Interestingly, if a specific event was affected, the records were changed for everyone who attended

So if you update the ccap for certain users, the problem happens with those users? Is the problem happening when updating the user via the import tool?

Since all I want to update is EOT and ccaps, can I upload fewer columns?

I’m pretty sure that’s the case. I think the user ID is the only one required when updating, and username and email the ones required when creating a user. https://s2member.com/kb-article/advanced-importexport-tools/#toc-5dd89fdb

Try it with a test user. :slight_smile: