Custom Profile Field for Already Registered Users

I have setup a terms of service check box as a required field before users submit. However, according to S2member, these custom fields only show if users are logged out.

In my business case, users will always register for a free account first and then they have the option to upgrade. In that case, this won’t work.

Is there a way to get the custom field to work with registered users in the system?

Thanks.

Custom profile fields have a way to set to which level they are relevant (set to “all”), and can they be edited after registration (set what you need). Should be easy to achieve your goal.

Yes, I have set it to all. In the General Options it states the following:

Regarding Registration: Custom Fields do not appear during repeat registration and/or checkout attempts (i.e., they do not appear for any user that is currently logged into the site). Please make sure that you test registration and/or checkout forms while not logged in (i.e., please test as a first-time customer). Existing users, members, customers may update Custom Fields by editing their Profile.

Which in our case, the user already registered as a free member. He decides to upgrade to a paid plan. As soon as they get to the Pro Stripe Form, this field doesn’t show up because he is already a registered user.

That is basically the problem I’m having.

Any ideas?

OK, so you can create a custom Pro form page with the checkbox you need, I think?