Creating/protecting private area?

I am looking for functionality and I don’t know if it can be done (maybe?) with s2M or s2M and a combo of something else.

I would like to create an area (could be a page or other) where members could add written “logs” or information that they can access anytime and the admin too, but not other members.

This site is about Santa sending letters to the children, and I would like parents to be able to add details that Santa can incorporate into the next letter to their child. Considering that there MIGHT be some private information (that only Santa would know about) that is why I am not sure about adding a forum for example.

Any suggestion?

Hi Carole!

Well, you could give each user a ccap with their username, and protect a page with it, as described in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBltDUopo1U

Or you could just load dynamically the content of the page using the username, and no need to add a protection to the page, other than level 0 so the person has to be logged in.

You will need some form to save those letters in the db, and you will need some customization to display it.

… I guess you could also create a custom profile field with s2, a textarea, and then have a profile page for users so they edit that field. Each will have access only to his profile, and you as the admin will access them all. Then you could display just that field in another page, although without the editor. This would be the simplest to implement.

WP Admin > s2Member > General > Registration/Profile Fields

WP Admin > s2Member > General > Member Profile

Does that help? :slight_smile:

Possibly! I’ll have to re-read that a few time first. I’ll update you after.
Thanks.

I kind of do something similar, but I use other paid plugins on top of a membership plugin (that specific site isn’t s2, but here goes…)

I embed a gravity form onto a protected page.
I use some gravity perks to make sure submitted entries are valid (for dates, number of submissions, etc.)
Then I use gravity view to show a user all the forms the user submitted.

In my case, I actually also use Gravity PDF plus Gravity PDF Previewer to give the user a completed form in pdf format.

You could probably use a similar system to generate PDF letters.

1 Like