Creating a username and password after paypal

I’ve been having this problem where when someone joins using paypal, they don’t receive the email to create their account with username and password.

That email doesn’t go to spam. It just gets obliterated and not delivered.

I tested the email and when I take out the %%registration_url%% link, the email goes through and arrives to the buyer. So this is definitely the cause.

So, what can be done about this?

The automatic email that goes out after purchasing with Paypal looks like this:

Thanks %%first_name%%! Your membership to Rina Orellana Online Flamenco Studio has been approved. Toma que toma.

The next step is to CREATE a Username and Password.

You MUST complete your registration here:
%%registration_url%%

If you have any trouble, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
RINA ORELLANA ONLINE FLAMENCO STUDIO

Have you tested this against multiple email providers? That is, is this what happens when you test this using your email address or is it happening at multiple providers?

In any case, if email is being “obliterated and not delivered”, that means the email provider(s) is disgarding the email before it reaches the user-level spam filters. It is still being silently disgarded as spam at some point.

The only explanation I can offer for only the emails with the registration URL in it being disgarded like this is that the contents of the registration email register high enough on whatever SPAM algorithm is being used to toss them out. You might want to try using a transactional email service such as SendGrid.

1 Like