Coupon on a payment plan

I have a 12 month payment plan with Stripe and I want to offer a coupon code only for the first month.
The coupon I created applies the discount to all 12 months.
How do I set it up to only discount the first month?

Thank you!
Yifat

Hi,
You must use your coupon code only for trial amount set to 1 month when purchasing, not on regular amount for last 11 months.
Best regards.

Can you. Can you be a bit more specific on how to achieve that?

Hi,
In the “Pro Coupon Codes” section, you must add “ta-only” in the “Directive” box as indicated in the Legend.
Then, define the length and the amount of your trial period with “ta”, “tp” and “tt” arguments of the payment shortcode.
Your coupon will only be valid for this trial period and not for the rest of the subscription.
Regards.

Hi yifat.

Subscription payments are the regular amount, if you discount that, every payment will be too. The trial amount is separate from the regular, and only applies at the beginning of the subscription, before the regular ones start. Trials are usually free, but there is the initial term, aka paid trial. That one can have a price amount different from the regular one. In the coupon you can specify it applies to the trial amount only (ta-only).

Since the installments are 12, make the 1st one a paid trial, and then 11 regular ones.

Does that help? :slight_smile: