Coupon Code Changes 'desc' in Confirmation Email

In our Stripe Options/Modification Confirmation Email, we specify the ‘desc’ using:
Your are now enrolled in : %%item_name%%.

However, when a coupon is used %%item_name%% is being modified.

So where the item description is:

desc=“2-Day Breastfeeding Champion Course - Madison WI. Jan. 13-14, 2017”

I want my customers to get a receipt that states:

Your are now enrolled in : 2-Day Champion Course – Madison WI. Jan. 13-14, 2017.

But after using a coupon they are getting a geeky message which is causing confusion as to what their status is:

Your are now enrolled in : Discount: 100% off. (Now: $0.00 for 3 years) ~ ORIGINALLY: 2-Day Champion Course – Madison WI. Jan. 13-14, 2017.

Can this be prevented? If not, please consider this to be a change request.
Thanks.

I’d also like to know the answer to this question.

Hi folks.
S2 Member has given us great flexibility in building our membership and managing events (we were able to dispense with our event management plugin since implementing S2). However, this particular issue makes us look disorganized when new members make a purchase using a coupon. Could we please get a fix?
Thanks.

Mitch,

I don’t think that this is something that can be done with s2Member as it stands. So I suggest you post on s2Member’s Github site here: https://github.com/websharks/s2member/issues

Then @JediShark and I (and others) can join you in saying that it would be a very good improvement to have.

GitHub Issue here: https://github.com/websharks/s2member/issues/1029

Thanks to Tim and Pat for moving this forward!
I appreciate it.

To anyone interested in a temporary workaround, Jason posted one on the GitHub Issue.

Thanks for solving this issue!

Hi

I have the same issue.

The workaround doesn’t work for me because I’d like to keep the description as original also in Stripe dashboard and the checkout page.

Would be great to find a solution.

Regards,
Carlos.

So you want to have the description unchanged everywhere, is that what you mean?

Hi Clavaque.

Yes, that’s exactly what I want.

I have cloned the original page modifying the price, so I offer a different link instead a discount. This way the system keeps the original product description.