Could someone test if this is a bug?

Hi guys!

Been using s2 for 8 years, with no issues AT ALL - very happy with it and hope to see it supported for a long time to come.

I’ve just noticed something on my site that I have NEVER noticed before.

When using this s2 conditional to display content to s2 level 1 members or above, I think I may have found a bug.

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)]Test[/s2If]

Content THAT ONLY TAKES UP ONE LINE (so just a simple message perhaps), flashes, then disappears - when it should be displayed.

If the content takes up 2 lines, or the closing shortcode is placed on a new line, it works fine.

But, if the content between the shortcodes is just a few words, it appears, then disappears on my site.

It has NEVER done that before, so it may well be that WP has updated the way it handles shortcodes.

s2 hasn’t been updated for a long time, so it’s not going to be something s2 has changed.

Could someone paste that shortcode example above into their install and test?

You can try and view the page you put it on as admin, and I think you’ll see it flash up, then disappear.

Keep refreshing your page and you’ll see it happen.

To fix it, place the closing shortcode on a new line, and the content will show.

Any ideas what could be causing that?

Ross :slight_smile:

Works for me, should be another issue. To me sounds like a CSS problem - CSS code loads later, not together with HTML code, so such glimpses are possible.

THANKS KRUM - it probably is a CSS issue then - will investigate.

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile: