Correct integration with idevaffiliate - ADVANCED METHOD

We are deep into the rabbit hole trying to get idevaffiliate to work with s2m – especially with RECURRING sub’n AND FREE TRIALS.

Nightmare.

The setup info out there is contradictory and incomplete. It’s as if s2m and idev are no longer friends. Helpful video tutorials from Jason have even been removed from youtube and wiped off the www. The remaining text guidance does not jive with idev’s integration support.

has anyone done this successfully?

Specifically, there is confusion over the proper form of the payment notification urls - as well as all of the others (cancel, modification etc.

I just left this comment on GIT:

Very confusing post. It contradicts the idev integration instructions which very clearly state that the correct url format for payment notification is this:
https://domain/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=83&idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&coupon_code=%%coupon_code%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

Also in the image here you show the affiliate id snippet – should that be used in addition to the ip address – or instead of?? This entire post raises so many questions and is made worse by the fact that the video has ben removed from youtube.

We’ve been trying to get idev to track recurring comms to no avail – and I can’t tell you how hard this is when idev & s2m present conflicting instructions. Any guidance appreciated.

Any luck with this? I tried earlier this year and gave up. iDev is fine for one off payments, but I could never get recurring payments to work-

None - we had to have a custom script written to reliably handle recurring commissions. Truly a shame that s2m did not fix this big issue. Then again, maybe there simply are not enough people using it for recurring comms to worry about. They should at least take down those videos showing implementation of the “advanced method” – fyi the dev who made this work for us : anze@lessthanweb.com

1 Like

Much appreciated. At this point, I just want something that works and do not have time to fiddle with backend stuff anymore. Will give your guy a shout.

cheers!

Ryan