Content dripping except older members

Hi,

I would like to change the access for the recurring paying members, but only the new ones. For example, I have a recurring paying members who subscribed yesterday, but I don’t want to change anything for her.

Should I create a new level or is there a way to set exceptions in s2drip shortcode ?

Thank you

I would definitely create a new level. It will also make it easier for you later to see who joined before or after a certain date.

Thank you for your answer,

So, actually, members of my course are level 2. Does that mean that I have to set the new ones on level 3 ? So they will access to the course on level 2 and others can still see the courses ?

Does that mean that I have to put the content inside the article in s2drip shortcode ? If I do that, will the new customers still see the titles in the blog list, but when they click they will see nothing (or something I write) ? Or will it provide the titles to display ? So I should use ccaps ?

I am a little lost with this…

Sophie,

If you create a new level 3, those users will by default be able to read everything at levels 1, 2, and 3.

This means that they will be able to read the titles and, unless it is protected by a shortcode, the content too.

But if you use the [s2If] shortcode on any post or page at one of these levels, you can then control what content those members see by specifying the level within the shortcode.

There is much more information at https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2if-simple-shortcode-conditionals/

You could, in other words, use both [s2If] and [s2Drip] shortcodes. (Put the [s2Drip] shortcode within the [s2If] shortcode.)

[s2If] decides who can read the content. [s2Drip] decides when they can read it.

So, if I want that new members can see some articles after 1 month, I set them on level 3 or 1 ? The others can see this same content all the time…

What I would like, is that they can see the title, but when they click they see instead of the content “oops, you must wait”, but others just can see the content.

So, if I use s2if and s2drip, does that mean that I have to say something like :

[s2if you are level 3]
[s2 drip you can see this after 1 month you subscribed only for level 3]
content
[/]
[/]

or should I use level 1 ?

Sophie, that is basically the setup, yes.

But, in order to work with s2Member more easily, I would always try to make the lower levels more restrictive, and the upper levels broader. So if you want some members to see this content right away, I would make them level 3, while those who have to wait should be at level 1 or 2.

Ok, thank you, I will try this.

I wouldn’t create a new role but look into creating a filter which only drips when a registration date is more than X days ago… save you any manual action

Ok thanks, do you know what is this filter ?

Sorry for the late reply, but I do not, I’m sorry. I don’t use any content dripping since we don’t have content with which we ‘tease’.